Thind (थिंड या थिंद) is a subcaste of Kamboj clan and community found in Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal and other parts of India. Some of people belongs to this Thind subcaste also found in Punjab state of Pakistan. Thind falls under 52 gotra (broad division) of Kamboj caste. Thind sub-caste alongside other Kamboj / Kamboh people belong to the group of Indo-Aryan peoples.
Etymology: The various variations / derivations for Thind are used: Thind
Most of Thind get married to Jatts and converted to Jatt and claiming themselves as Jatt people. But historical facts proves that This is the clan or gotra of Kambojas. Now Jatts are trying to claim Thind as their gotra. Kamboj writer H. S. Thind believes that numerous of the Kamboj including the Kamboj Thinds had fled Delhi around 1290 AD to avoid persecution by Muiz ud din Qaiqabad (1286–1290) --- a Muslim Turkic ruler and the tenth Sultan of Delhi of medieval India of the Mamluk dynasty (or Slave dynasty) since the chiefs of the Kamboj clans including the Kamboj Thinds had refused to give their daughters in marriage to the Sultan.
- Colonel Lal Singh Thind, soldier and farmer - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Lal_Singh_Thind
- Kartar Singh Thind - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kartar_Singh_Thind
- Dr. Bhagat Singh Thind, botanist - https://www.bhagatsinghthind.com
- Lajwant Singh Thind
- Balwant Singh Thind, finance minister of Punjab
- Bhagat Singh Thind, writer and immigrant to the USA
- Gurminder Thind, player of American football
- Sadhu Singh Thind, politician
References: Kamboj Itihaas, 1972, p 145, H. S. Thind.
थिंड या थिंद आधुनिक काम्बोज जाति का गोत्र / उपजाति है। यह गोत्र काम्बोज जाति के 52 गोत्र (व्यापक विभाजन) के अंतर्गत आता है।